Is Python suitable for a huge, enterprise size app?

brian at mirror.org brian at mirror.org
Wed May 18 17:32:16 EDT 2005

john67 wrote:
> [...] that will cost us tens-of-millions to develop.
> [...]
> Right now it looks like Java is the language of choice that the app
> will be developed in. However, I have been looking and reading a lot
> about Python recently [...]

Ignoring the technical aspects: if you have good group of people that
already know Java, and don't know Python, then use Java for this huge
project.  Do a smaller project in Python first for the learning curve,
to build expertise and confidence, etc.  People are more important than
programming language.

Brian.