Advice needed on __del__

phil phillip.watts at anvilcom.com
Mon May 9 21:13:49 EDT 2005

> Fredrik Lundh wrote:
>
>>Python is not C++.

Praise the Lord.

> I dunno if this makes QOTW, but I vote we put this in our list text that
> goes out with each and every list message.
>
> There will still be a lot of people who don't read it, but at least
> we'll get to say, "We told you so."

I'm probably dense and don't quite get the point, even though I
have coded about 200,000 lines of Python and coded .5 million lines of
C before there was a C++

A class instance based language doesn't have to BE C++ to have a
destructor method.

All I wanted to know is: is the apparent treatment of __del__
which SEEMS to work fine for me in 2.3.4 deprecated or mangled
in some later release or future plans.
If someone doesn't know the answer to this question or if noone
knows the answer to this question, I will still love and
respect the Python Community.  In large part cause it ain't C++>