scripting browsers from Python

Simon Brunning simon.brunning at gmail.com
Tue May 31 06:40:05 EDT 2005

On 31 May 2005 00:52:33 -0700, Michele Simionato
<michele.simionato at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to know what is available for scripting browsers from
> Python.
> For instance, webbrowser.open let me to perform GET requests, but I
> would like
> to do POST requests too. I don't want to use urllib to emulate a
> browser, I am
> interested in checking that browser X really works as intended with my
> application. Any suggestion?

I don't know of anything cross platform, or even cross browser, but on
Windows, IE can be automated via COM - see
<http://www.mayukhbose.com/python/IEC/> for example - and other
browsers should be able to be automated either via COM or by driving
the GUI with WATSUP (<http://www.tizmoi.net/watsup/intro.html>).

--
Cheers,
Simon B,