moving from c++ to python

William Heymann kosh at aesaeion.com
Sat May 21 05:46:20 EDT 2005

On Saturday 21 May 2005 03:19 am, Michael wrote:

Yeah this tutorial is aimed at people that already know how to program.

http://www.diveintopython.org/

It would still be a good idea though to go through the basic python tutorial
at  http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html

For someone already experienced in programming the basic tutorial will
probably only take an hour or so and it is good to read it at least once. The
other thing I highly recommend is reading
http://docs.python.org/lib/lib.html  just to see what libraries python has
and a basic idea of what they can do. I have seen a LOT of programmers come
from languages like c++ and spend days and sometimes hundreds of lines of
code implementing something that could be done with a single line of code
from the standard library. :)  Just trying to save you from that problem.