Problems with csv module

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed May 11 08:41:07 EDT 2005

    >> You mean that csv.reader can't work with unicode as the delimiter
    >> parameter?

    Richie> Exactly....

    Richie> "Note: This version of the csv module doesn't support Unicode
    Richie> input....

    Richie> That note is still there in the current development docs, so it
    Richie> looks like it hasn't yet been fixed.

I can confirm this.  While the note as written focused on csv files encoded
using non-ASCII codecs, it also holds true for the API.  Manipulating
Unicode from C isn't as simple as simple as from Python and none of those of
us with our fingerprints on the csv module code had much/any Unicode
experience.

Skip