Software licenses and releasing Python programs for review

poisondart poisondart985 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 21:50:14 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right group to post this. If not, then I
would appreciate if somebody could point me to the correct group.

This is my first time releasing software to the public and I'm wanting
to release a Python program I wrote for review (and critique) and
testing on other platforms, but also I would like to explore the
different software licenses that are available (there seems to be
many). Since the specification for the programs is knowledge-centric
(related to linguistics), I need a group of people that are
knowledgeable in this area. Is there a place where I can advertise to
look for people who are knowledgeable in Python and linguistics?

Ultimately I desire two things from the license (but not limited to):
- being able to distribute it freely, anybody can modify it
- nobody is allowed to make profit from my code (other than myself)

What is the methodology that people employ to releasing software?

Thank you.