Python Documentation (should be better?)

Christopher J. Bottaro cjbottaro at alumni.cs.utexas.edu
Wed May 11 15:02:42 EDT 2005

Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:

> ...blah blah blah...

Heh, silly me...there is already a huge thread about this...kinda.

The intricacies of the computing term "greedy" aside, yes I think the Python
documentation should generally be better.  What that means, I have no idea.
All I know is that I like PHP's documentation and it should be like that.
My question is, why is PHP's documentation so good and Python's mediocre?
Does it have to do with corporate backing (I have no idea if PHP is or not,
I'm just saying)?  The quality/quantity of volunteers?  The design of the
language itself?