__brace__ (PEP?)

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Sun May 8 20:37:48 EDT 2005

On Sunday 08 May 2005 05:15 pm, Roy Smith wrote:
> This seems like a pretty esoteric operation to devote a bit of syntax to.
> It doesn't seem like something people want to do very often.

Similar to __call__, I don't think that this syntax would be neccessarily
devoted to any particular operation. I'm simply offering cross-sectioning as
a potential and intuitive operation that would benefit from a shortcut. The
main point is that using braces after a name is not defined right now and I
think that they could be put to good use.

James

--
James Stroud
Box 951570