Case Sensitive, Multiline Comments

D H a at b.c
Sun May 29 21:49:06 EDT 2005

Elliot Temple wrote:
> Hi I have two questions.  Could someone explain to me why Python is
> case sensitive?  I find that annoying.

I do too.  As you've found, the only reason is because it is, and it is
too late to change (it was even too late back in 1999 when it was
considered by Guido).  I guess the most popular case-insensitive
language nowadays is visual basic (and VB.NET).

 > Also, why aren't there
> multiline comments?  Would adding them cause a problem of some sort?

Again, just because there aren't and never were.  There is no technical
reason (like for example a parsing conflict) why they wouldn't work in
python.  That's why most python editors have added a comment section
command that prepends # to consecutive lines for you.