problem uploading ZIP file tp PyPI

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Mon May 23 09:07:56 EDT 2005

On Mon, 23 May 2005 15:04:27 +1000, richard
<richardjones at optushome.com.au> wrote:

>John Machin wrote:
>> FYI, there are a few unreconstructed diehards out here who neither run
>> on a *x platform nor run bleeding-edge Python straight out of last
>> night's CVS.
>
>I think you need to pull your head in, mate.
>
>The bug you discovered in PyPI is plain and simple a bug in its attempts to
>discover whether an uploaded ZIP file was generated by distutils.
>
>It's a bug. It will get fixed.
>
>Get over your damn platform paranoia.

That remark was in response to Tony's seemingly *x-centric suggestion
to use "setup.py --format=gztar" which would have presented some
difficulties to a Windows-only person. Perhaps I should have festooned
it with smileys. In any case it was nothing to do with the bug and
nothing to do with you. I think you need to suck *your* scone in,
cobber :-)

Cheers,
John