win32com and apache and permissions

Chris Curvey ccurvey at gmail.com
Sat May 14 08:46:29 EDT 2005

I'm trying to have a Python script (which is being launched by Apache
as a CGI) control Internet Explorer.  I have this working on my
development box, but when I moved the code to my integration test box,
I get "Access Denied" when trying to launch IE.  This only seems to
happen when running Apache as a service.  If I run apache as a console
app, everything works fine.  In summary:

User             Method       Dev Box       Integration Box
Administrator    Console      Works         Works
Administrator    Service      Works         "Access Denied"
Apache           Console      Works         Works
Apache           Service      Not permitted Not permitted

So somewhere, somehow, I think I've granted some permission on the dev
box that I have not granted on the integration box.  Can anyone think
of what it might be?

-Chris