scipy for python 2.4

Philippe C. Martin philippe at philippecmartin.com
Sat May 28 17:38:24 EDT 2005

In order to help, I just tried to compile it, and it seems to have a bunch
of dependencies to worry about:

[root at pcmsc SciPy_complete-0.3.2]# python setup.py install
fftw_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE

dfftw_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE

    FFTW (http://www.fftw.org/) libraries not found.
    Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
    scipy_distutils/site.cfg file (section [fftw]) or by setting
    the FFTW environment variable.
djbfft_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE

    DJBFFT (http://cr.yp.to/djbfft.html) libraries not found.
    Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
    scipy_distutils/site.cfg file (section [djbfft]) or by setting
    the DJBFFT environment variable.
blas_opt_info:
atlas_blas_threads_info:
scipy_distutils.system_info.atlas_blas_threads_info
  NOT AVAILABLE

atlas_blas_info:
scipy_distutils.system_info.atlas_blas_info
  NOT AVAILABLE

scipy_core/scipy_distutils/system_info.py:982: UserWarning:
    Atlas (http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/) libraries not found.
    Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
    scipy_distutils/site.cfg file (section [atlas]) or by setting
    the ATLAS environment variable.
  warnings.warn(AtlasNotFoundError.__doc__)
blas_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE

scipy_core/scipy_distutils/system_info.py:991: UserWarning:
    Blas (http://www.netlib.org/blas/) libraries not found.
    Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
    scipy_distutils/site.cfg file (section [blas]) or by setting
    the BLAS environment variable.
  warnings.warn(BlasNotFoundError.__doc__)
blas_src_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE

scipy_core/scipy_distutils/system_info.py:994: UserWarning:
    Blas (http://www.netlib.org/blas/) sources not found.
    Directories to search for the sources can be specified in the
    scipy_distutils/site.cfg file (section [blas_src]) or by setting
    the BLAS_SRC environment variable.
  warnings.warn(BlasSrcNotFoundError.__doc__)
  NOT AVAILABLE

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 111, in ?
    setup_package(ignore_packages)
  File "setup.py", line 85, in setup_package
    ignore_packages = ignore_packages)
  File "scipy_core/scipy_distutils/misc_util.py", line 475, in
get_subpackages
    config = setup_module.configuration(*args)
  File
"/home/philippe/downloaded/SciPy_complete-0.3.2/Lib/integrate/setup_integrate.py",
line 22, in configuration
    raise NotFoundError,'no blas resources found'
scipy_distutils.system_info.NotFoundError: no blas resources found