Faster GUI text control

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat May 14 02:57:43 EDT 2005

"none "@bag.python.org" wrote:
> several people mention that is was a known issue with Tkinter.
>   I'm trying to decide what is the best replacement for the control.  I
> was originally planning on redoing the GUI with wxpython, but I've seen
> people indicate I would have the same problem.  I also was looking at
> Fredrik Lundh's widget construction kit info.  That looks like it could
> be useful, but it would still require building a new control

no, it would mean writing some python code.  if all you need is a scrolling
text list, you can simply use the code on this page:

    http://effbot.org/zone/wck-4.htm

(see "A scrollable list view, with scrollbar support" and, optionally,
the virtual data modifications under "Displaying Huge Data Sets")

the resulting widget will update at constant speed, independent of the
data size.

</F>