Python Graphing Utilities.

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Wed May 11 16:53:14 EDT 2005

Torsten Bronger wrote:
> Hallöchen!
>
> Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> writes:

>>I've yet to experiment with it, but it might (with some additional
>>handywork) give final results identical to those of the pslatex
>>backend in gnuplot.
>
> What do you mean with this?  Do you want to mimic TeX's quality as a
> typesetter, or do you think the goal should be output in real LaTeX
> format (like pslatex does)?

Both! There is a need for mathematical typesetting in matplotlib without
a dependency on TeX. Not everyone is making plots destined for inclusion
in their LaTeX-typeset papers. However, some people, like you and me,
*are* making such plots and a pslatex-based solution would be a perfect
fit for that use case.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu