Webbrowser On Windows

J Correia correiajREMOVECAPS at hotmail.com
Mon May 2 00:00:50 EDT 2005

news:mailman.85.1114978611.14961.python-list at python.org...
>It seems to me that there is no way to create a new instance of Internet
>Explorer (if there are already some IE windows opened).
>Does anyone know a possible solution? Or a workaround (without using
>startfile, maybe?) that will force IE to create a new instance?

>Should I suppose no solution exists?

>Thanks for every suggestions.

>Andrea

import pythoncom
from win32com.client import Dispatch

ie1 = pythoncom.CoCreateInstance("InternetExplorer.Application", None,\
                     pythoncom.CLSCTX_SERVER,
                     pythoncom.IID_IDispatch)
ie1 = Dispatch(ie1)
ie1.Visible = 1

ie2 = pythoncom.CoCreateInstance("InternetExplorer.Application", None,\
                     pythoncom.CLSCTX_SERVER,
                     pythoncom.IID_IDispatch)
ie2 = Dispatch(ie2)
ie2.Visible = 1

....and so on for as many instances as you want.

HTH.