Python forum

Rocco Moretti roccomoretti at hotpop.com
Tue May 17 13:39:49 EDT 2005

Dave Brueck wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote:
>

>> Except for the torture of using a web forum's UI.
>>
>> [In case you can't tell, I hate web forums.  I've never seen a
>> single one with a suable UI.]
>

> Amen! Generally they are an abomination.
>
> To make matters worse, many forums that become popular are saddled with
> so many advertisements that moving from one message to another becomes
> a... grueling... lesson... in... patience.

It may seem snobish, but my main gripe with most of the web-forums I've
seen is the people using them. There are far too many content-free "Me
too" posts, which are horribly difficult to filter out (due to the poor
UI). It's partly the web-forum's fault - the really bad ones have posts
with some cute/animated smiley as the sole content. It's rare that
usenet has such posts, because a colon and a right paren in text doesn't
seem nearly as interesting as some saccarine singing, dancing, yellow blob.