Unicode Congruence

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Mon May 30 17:08:53 EDT 2005

phil top-posted
> Thanks.
> I did search that site but, wow, huge.

Searched how????

1. If you use their own search box, the first hit is U+2A6D CONGRUENT
WITH DOT ABOVE

The U2A00.pdf entry for U+2A6D does refer back to U+2245

2. The "where is my character" page also says: "You can also do a text
search in the online Unicode  NamesList."

which gives you:

2A6D	CONGRUENT WITH DOT ABOVE
	x (approximately equal to - 2245)

> That page had no reference to congruence
> and the pdf did not contain the pattern
> congru.

So do your bit towards making the world a better place by e-mailing
unicode.org and suggesting (1) that the description for 2245 be
augmented (2) that in general where they have a character named
"<whizzbang> WITH <add-on(s)>" it would be a good idea to check that the
basic <whizzbang> character is actually so described.

> But I'll have some better ideas how to search next
> time.
> thanx
> I used \u2245 btw

Cheers,