Newbie Here

newcoder justanbcoder at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 16:25:34 EDT 2005

The impression for me for python is that it can be scalable and you can
really build a full fledge application from it. In the past I used to
evangelized on certain language and think that the world is full of
philips screws that I can use my philips screwdriver to screw at. I was
totally wrong. But generally I think if you are looking at web
scripting, PHP is simple to learn and fast to execute; if you want to
automate and parse data on the fly, Perl is no doubt; and if you want
to build application and not in particular in execution speed, Python
is the way to go. I considered myself as a newbie too as I always
trying to learn a thing or two, here and there.

The way I learn to program usually I would get one of those open source
application written in whatever language I wish to learn and I would
study it from ground zero. I would try to understand the programmer
style and also try to understand his logic and why he want to do this
or that. You may think its crazy but I kinda like to pretend I am a
detective trying to solve a case. When you have the right attitude and
fun, you will pick up fast. This way you will basically learn
everything. Books are good but just don't get sucked into everything. I
discovered that in real programming life, 80% of what you apply comes
from the 20% of the knowledge you've learn. Just my n cents worth.

Pardon my political incorrect grammar if any, as I am not a native
english speaker.