Python Documentation (should be better?)

kaerbuhez kaerbuhez at yahoo.fr
Sat May 14 13:19:46 EDT 2005

bruno modulix a écrit :
<snip>

> I fail to see why would it would be better to have to open a browser, go
> to python.org, go to the doc, find the right link etc instead of just
> typing dir(xxx) and/or help(xxx).

I fully agree with you. I just suspect that you are not more than me a
web developper. I suppose that for this kind of guys, using a browser
connected to the web is the more natural way to go ... and PHP
developers are those kind of guys. This is to say that comparing the doc
of PHP to the one of Python is somewhat not more relevant that comparing
PHP to Python as languages. Probably even less because:
- PHP developers are "naturally" presentation oriented.
- it's easier to give "good" exemples when everybody is working in about
the same area.

Python is a very flexible tool and that makes things sometimes more
difficult ... but worthy anyway.