Python Documentation (should be better?)

rbt rbt at athop1.ath.vt.edu
Wed May 11 15:58:04 EDT 2005

Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:

>>...blah blah blah...
>

> Heh, silly me...there is already a huge thread about this...kinda.
>
> The intricacies of the computing term "greedy" aside, yes I think the Python
> documentation should generally be better.  What that means, I have no idea.
> All I know is that I like PHP's documentation and it should be like that.
> My question is, why is PHP's documentation so good and Python's mediocre?

Because PHP is such a 'thrown together' and 'bolted-on' language. If it
didn't have *outstanding* documentation (which it does BTW), no one
could even begin to understand how they got from a little HTML language
to a kinda/sorta OO language.

PHP is showing its age... thanks to its docs, it's still *extremely* useful.