Active Directory Modules?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Sun May 8 06:58:11 EDT 2005

Harlin Seritt wrote:
> Does anyone know if there are any Python Active Directory Modules out
> there?

You could use ADSI with python-win32.

> I looked at LDAP module but there is no version for Python 2.4

Off course python-ldap works with Python 2.4. There are even Win32
binaries for Python 2.4:

http://www.siosistemi.it/~mcicogni/

> and it's support for Active Directory seems to be lacking a bit.

Can you please elaborate about what is missing? I'm using python-ldap
with Active Directory just fine. Compared to ADSI you have to program
more LDAP-oriented off course.

On Linux/Unix you can even use SASL/GSSAPI bind if the OpenLDAP libs
wrapped by python-ldap were built with support for SASL and Kerberos.

Ciao, Michael.