wxTimer problem

F. GEIGER f.geiger at vol.at
Sat May 14 08:22:03 EDT 2005

As Jp asked already: "indepenedent" from what?

I do such things all the time in a wx-App that controls a 6-axes robot. For
example, there I have a LED-Widget for displaying the actual pos. and
orient. of the tool. In a wxTimer handler I read OPC variables, whose values
are displayed in the LED-Widgets (the 6 LED-widgets make up a compound
widget that does the data retreival in a wxTimer handler).  My app is full
of widgets that own a timer to display current values.

As for "independent": If you wrote a GUI app in wx you'll want to display
those values coming from some COM objects. So simply tie a timer to the
widget that should display it and - do it. Or tie it to the frame containing
your widget. It's up to you - plenty of possibilities in wx/Python, and
total freedom (I know what I'm speakin' of, I started that app in VB...).

Kind regards
Franz GEIGER

news:mailman.20.1115985868.29328.python-list at python.org...