What are OOP's Jargons and Complexities?

Thomas G. Marshall tgm2tothe10thpower at replacetextwithnumber.hotmail.com
Tue May 24 11:55:30 EDT 2005

John W. Kennedy coughed up:
> alex goldman wrote:
>> John W. Kennedy wrote:
>>

>>> Strong
>>> typing has been a feature of mainstream programming languages since
>>> the late 1950's.
>>

>> Is Fortran a strongly typed language? I don't think so. Strong
>> typing has been invented in the 70's, if I'm not mistaken, when ML
>> was invented, but strong typing has never been mainstream.
>
> I begin to believe that I have been reading naughty references, and
> that I should rather have said "statically typed".
>
> I am not familiar with modern Fortran. Surely it at least has argument
> prototyping by now?

There are some fortran advocates that pop into here now and again.  Frankly,
I'm spooked by how far fortran seems to have come.  There is even OO support
now.  OI.

I preferred the old days of thinking that fortran sucked "just 'cause".  :)

--
Enough is enough.  It is /not/ a requirement that someone must google
relentlessly for an answer before posting in usenet.  Newsgroups are