Python Graphing Utilities.

Torsten Bronger bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed May 11 10:23:39 EDT 2005

Hallöchen!

Robert Kern <rkern at ucsd.edu> writes:

> [...]
>
> A pslatex backend certainly would be interesting. A Gnuplot
> backend would probably not be feasible. Does it expose its raw
> drawing operations?

Probably not raw enough, but I don't know how basic matplotlib
wants it to be.  You could switch the axes off and draw everything
as lines using plot coordinates, but I don't know how sensible this
would be.

On the other hand, the "pslatex" output of Gnuplot is one of the
very few things that hold me there.  If matplotlib produced
something equivalent, (at least) I wouldn't call for a Gnuplot
backend anymore.

Tschö,
Torsten.