Case Sensitive, Multiline Comments

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.com
Mon May 30 18:25:54 EDT 2005

On Mon, 30 May 2005 14:24:54 -0400, "Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu>
wrote:

>"D H" <a at b.c> wrote in message news:z5adnQMsOLiL7AffRVn-hQ at comcast.com...
>> Elliot Temple wrote:
>>> Hi I have two questions.  Could someone explain to me why Python is
>>> case sensitive?  I find that annoying.
>>
>> I do too.
>
>I don't.
>
>>  As you've found, the only reason is because it is,
>
>False.  As someone else already pointed out in this thread, and as some
>said years ago when Guido brought up the subject, standard math notation
>*is* case sensitive and some people like Python because they can directly
>translate math expressions into Python expressions.

False.

In the sense that it is the way it is only because Guido kept it the
way it is, but he did so without acknowledging that your argument or
anyone else's argument was in the least bit pursuasive to him.

>I am annoyed by the disinformation and slander ('anti-newbie') repeated
>indefinitely by some case-folding advocates.  Difference annoyances for
>different folks, I guess.

I am annoyed that Guido skated while those of us vocally annoyed that
Guido could be influenced into this substanceless "newbie" issue, and
influence so many others to contemplate it with such solemnity - did
not skate as well.

Art