Need a little parse help

Alex Nordhus megahrtz at gte.net
Tue May 10 13:57:47 EDT 2005

Im trying to grab a colum of data from a text file and write it to a new
file.
I am having trouble getting It to write the data to newlines. Python is
making it one
Long string without any spaces when it writes the file. The first
character is capitalized in colum 2.
I am trying to grab the 2nd colum in the file.

import sys, string

inputfilenames, outputfilename = sys.argv[1:-1], sys.argv[-1]

for inputfilename in inputfilenames:

    inputfile = open(inputfilename,'r')
    outputfile = open(outputfilename, "w")
    for ln in inputfile.readlines():
        words = string.split(ln)
        if len(words) >= 2:
#	    print (words[1])
  	    outputfile.write(words[1])

When I use just print it prints out fine. Each on a dffrent line just
the way I want it. But writing the file its all on one line. How do I
get the data to goto new lines in the new file?

Alex Nordhus
Copy and Paste !
http://www.pasteaway.com