Quick Reference from module doc strings.

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Wed May 18 00:03:55 EDT 2005

Ron Adam:
> Thats part of what I'm trying to resolve, the doc strings a lot of
time
> isn't enough by itself or is missing. So I'm trying to build up a
> complete enough record so if there is no doc string, at least some
sense
> of what it is can be figured out without a lot browsing or looking at
> the source code.

I have a command line option so I can decide if I want to display only
the
documented objects or every object, including the ones without
docstring.
I could add an option to tell "minidoc" to interpret docstrings are
plain
text, not restructured text; however I don't want to do that (part of
the reason for "minidoc" is to force me to write good reST docstrings
in my own modules).

> Then to enable different searches by subject and keywords on these
> instead of by package or module.

Well,  my browser has a CTRL-F functionality ;)

> That's a nice format.  It took me a while before I realized the whole
> page *is* the output and not a part of it as I expected.

You should see how nice is the PDF when printed ;)

> Did you use the inspect module to get the class/function name and
args?

Yes, the inspect module is amazing.

> BTW, I presume you're aware that the "source links" on the web page
link
> to your computer and not to a file on the web site.  Just letting
know
> in case it was an over site.

Yes, I am aware of it, it was on purpose ;)

>Cheers,
>_Ron

>Ps... I like your physics link page. :)

That page is old, I am no more in physics, but I still have that
account for free
and I am lazy, so I am keeping it ;)

                                Michele Simionato