SGMLlib module

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sun May 8 09:25:01 EDT 2005

Harlin Seritt wrote:
> I am trying to use SGMLlib module to extract all links from some data I
> pulled from the web (via urllib). I have looked at the documentation
> online and can not make sense of it. As a quick example, how would I
> get the hyperlinks for an html file?

I know you're not someone to ignore Google, but this looked like a
question that could pretty easily be answered using a quick search of
the comp.lang.python archives via Google Groups -- and it appears I was
right.

I tried
http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=sgmllib+extract+links+group%3Acomp.lang.python.*
and found this page, which I believe should answer your question
(perhaps not directly, but it looks basically like an sgmllib tutorial):
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonsl/chapter/ch05.html

I'm pretty sure you can find a dozen threads with snippets showing just
what you asked if you look at the result of the results.

-Peter