gtk/qt scintilla help !

fabien fabienhenon_nospam_ at free.fr
Mon May 2 05:06:12 EDT 2005

Neil Hodgson wrote:
> Fabien:
>

>>There is a lexPOV.cxx file in the package, but I can not find any POV
>>keywords in any file ( there are about 150 POV keywords). Did i miss it,
>>and if not, how do I create one and include it for the library building ?
>

>    The Scintilla web site, documentation and mailing list are:
> http://www.scintilla.org/
> http://scintilla.sourceforge.net/ScintillaDoc.html
>
>    Keyword lists are often very large as it is frequently desired to
> highlight all the identifiers in an API. The Win32 API is around 10
> megabytes in SciTE .api format.
>
>    The SciTE editor is shipped with some keyword lists, including some
> for POV in the pov.properties file.
Yes I saw that  file, but as far as I know, it is used by and only by
SciTE. I thought at first that I could use it for pygtkScintilla.

>    To set keywords, call SCI_SETKEYWORDS as described on the
> documentation page.
That is going to be tough, I do not know anything about C. It is going
to be easier if I could find a file with a syntax close to that of POV
and replace of the keywords found in it with POV keywords ,and the compile.

>    I do not personally use the Qt or PygtkScintilla wrappers for
> Scintilla.

Thanks for the reply and the links

Fabien