wxPython and a Control Property Editor

dberlin at gmail.com dberlin at gmail.com
Sun May 15 16:23:40 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm building a modest GUI editor for myself using wxPython, and I need
some help.
I want to create a nice 'Control Property Editing Window', just like
VisualBasic, Delphi, Visual C++, etc.

After searching for a while, I found an interesting extension for wx
that does exactly this (and very nicely too), but its written in c++
and unavailable in python. I'm not interested in modifying the source
to be compatible with python, so unfortunately that extension is no
longer an option.

I tried searching the demo's of wxPython for something useful, and I
figured the Grid control could be somewhat useful ("wx.Grid using a
custom Table, with non-string data").
The problems with the Grid are -
   - no option to collapse rows (tree-like)
   - can't define different data type (choice, number, ...) for each
row

After also looking at other GUI editor scripts out there, like
wxWidgets, I turn to this group for some help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.