Extracting multiple zip files in a directory

Lorn efoda5446 at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 21:36:09 EDT 2005

Ok, I probably should have seen this coming. Working with small zip
files is no problem with the above script. However, when opening a 120+
MB compressed file that uncompresses to over 1GB, I unfortunately get
memory errors. Is this because python is holding the extracted file in
memory, as opposed to spooling it to disk, before writing? Does anyone
know any way around this... as of now, I'm out of ideas :( ??