Python & SQLite

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Fri May 6 10:35:49 EDT 2005

dcrespo wrote:
>>There are specific python modules for SQLite on Linux.
>
> Which? I thought pysqlite works on Linux.

Sure. What he probably meant was that there are binary installers for
pysqlite from various Linux distributions (Debian, Gentoo, ...).

> My important question is: If I develop an app using
> Python-wxPython-PySQLite under Windows, and run it on Linux, it should
> work, ¿right?

Correct for Python and pysqlite. For wxPython you will often have to do
fine-tuning because some bugs are only present on Windows, and some bugs
are only present on *nix. And things sometimes look slightly different.

-- Gerhard