Newbie Here

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Tue May 31 02:40:23 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I'm taking the plunge into Python. I'm currently following this tutorial,
http://docs.python.org/tut/
I am not a programmer in general, although I've learnt a bit of bash
scripting and some php/asp. I want to get into python to use it for
Linux/Unix related stuff. A question I have, is, those of you who use it
for the same things, what do you primarily use it for. Could you show me
some examples.? I find the hardest thing with programming, is not
remember the syntax/logic etc, but, when to use it. Perhaps that is also
a personal thing, but, I'd love to see some basic examples out there.
Cheers.

Mark Sargent.