Python Graphing Utilities.

Bill Mill bill.mill at gmail.com
Wed May 11 09:12:13 EDT 2005

On 5/11/05, Torsten Bronger <bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> Hallöchen!
>
> Bill Mill <bill.mill at gmail.com> writes:

> >> Why not for Gnuplot, by the way?
> >>
> >> On sceen, matplotlib looks extremely good, however, I still need
> >> Gnuplot for the hardcopy version[*].  It *seems* to me that the
> >> programming interfaces are quite different, so a Gnuplot backend
> >> for matplotlib would be helpful for me.
> >
> > By hardcopy version, I assume you mean Postscript?
>
> Not really.  Gnuplot's output is LaTeX with a couple of native
> Postscript directives inbetween.  It's inluded into my document with
> "\input plot.plt" rather than "\includegraphics{plot.eps}".
>
> I mentioned the advantages of this approach in the footnote:

Tha's cool, I saw what you wrote. First off, I wasn't sure what you
meant by "hardcopy", so I thought I'd let you know that matplotlib has
PS output. Second, the page I linked to talks about all the font-type
features of matplotlib, which I thought might interest you. Having not
gotten funky with them, I cannot vouch for their quality.

Peace
Bill Mill
bill.mill at gmail.com