Python Documentation (should be better?)

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Fri May 13 01:33:22 EDT 2005

Ivan Van Laningham wrote:
> Hi All--
> The Python docs are not ideal.  I can never remember, for instance,
> where to find string methods (not methods in the string module, but
> methods with '')

Curiously I had the same problem just the other day,
except with list instead of string. I think the problem
is that the sections on the actual built-in types
(list, str, dict, etc.) are one level too far down
to appear in the table of contents of the Library
Reference.

If things could be rearranged so that their names
actually appeared in the table of contents, I think
it would make a big difference in this area.

--
Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,
University of Canterbury,