prime number

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Tue May 31 12:08:04 EDT 2005

In article <1117435844.389867.193900 at g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
lostinpython <shanna_perkins_02 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>It is a homework assignment from a book but not for a class.  I'm
>trying to teach my self some basic programming before I have to take it
>in college.  If I show enough understanding of the subject, my advisor
>will let me forgo Intro. to Programming and go into Intro. to C++.
>What civil engineers need with all this programming is beyond me.  We
>have to learn another language to program our CADD software, which I
>find much easier than this.  But needless to say, I'm stumped on this
			.
			.
			.
What's the crack about first place being a paid weekend vacation
in Philadelpha, and second place five days?  Without knowledge of
the particulars of your situation, "Intro. to C++" sounds to me
more like punishment than incentive.

And I like C++.

One important instinct for your programming career is sensitivity
to "easier".  I strongly suspect, though, that there are real
values in "basic programming" that your "CADD software" has not
yet taught you.