Python Documentation (should be better?)

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at pauahtun.org
Wed May 11 23:43:01 EDT 2005

Hi All--

Robert Kern wrote:

> Ivan Van Laningham wrote:
>
> > http://www.python.org/doc/
> >
> Searching on docs.python.org goes through just the stuff that's on
> docs.python.org, which is pretty much just documentation. Google's magic
> points to the current documentation.
>
> Searching on www.python.org trolls through the entire www.python.org
> site. The search box doesn't narrow its scope just because you happen to
> be in the Documentation section currently. It doesn't get the current
> documentation because Google's magic gets a bit confused.

I get that.  My question, cleverly concealed in a rant, was, "Why does
clicking on the Documentation link at python.org NOT take me to
docs.python.org?"  Why is there a difference?  If there must be a
difference, why isn't the difference labelled as such?  This is a
difference that makes a difference.

Metta,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
God N Locomotive Works
http://www.pauahtun.org/
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours