[OT] SQL-records and OOP

egbert egbert.bouwman at hccnet.nl
Mon May 30 05:35:14 EDT 2005

Each row of an sql table may be the data_part_in_spe
of some class_instance.
I try to think about, and am looking for, the do's and don'ts
and caveat's and the right way of thinking about this transformation.
For me it is new territory.

For instance, my sql-query produces much more rows than I am
interested in eventually. So I have to narrow this collection.

I can inspect the data while it is still a list of rows,
and make instances of only the rows I really need.
Or I may create an aggregate of full-blown instances derived
from all the selected rows.

I suppose Google has lots to offer, but I must be looking
in the wrong direction.

egbert
--
Egbert Bouwman - Keizersgracht 197 II - 1016 DS  Amsterdam - 020 6257991