Help on slow attribute copy

wout w.ruijter at alumnus.utwente.nl
Wed May 18 23:13:54 EDT 2005

bgs wrote:

>Hmm, it looks like the dot operator has been overloaded to do something
>complicated.  (although if you haven't already, try "for i in nodes:
>pass" just to make sure).  Is it retrieving the data from the network

I tried that (the pass), that runs fast as it should

>somewhere?  If so, then it looks like it is probably retrieving each
>coordinate individually on each iteration of the loop.  Perhaps there
>is some way of retrieving them all in one bunch?

I guess it is looking up the node locations from the database with
individual queries. As the source for the interface is not provided
(only pyc) I will not find out.

>It's difficult to say more without knowing anything about abaqus and
>its interface.

I'll look for a 'heap lookup', otherwise I'll have to do text parsing...
Thanks loads anyway
Wout