pyvm -- faster python

Stelios Xanthakis sxanth at ceid.upatras.gr
Fri May 13 06:07:19 EDT 2005

Stelios Xanthakis wrote:

> Also, for the other part of the thread, I think that bytecode may
> be in fact faster than machine code JIT.

Forgot to add: It depends of course on how good is the bytecode.
IMO Python's bytecode is pretty good for its purpose which is
executing a dynamic language with dynamic types and namespaces.

Also, inside pyvm some things are done with internal bytecode
objects.  One such thing is "list(generator)".  It has been
proved that doing this in bytecode is faster than C.

Stelios