Detect console close

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon May 16 05:13:05 EDT 2005

new pip wrote:
> Actually I want to do some clean up (or operation) before the program
> actually exits. Is there any way to do that?

Ah, that's easier. :-)

It might help (if this answer isn't sufficient) to post a snippet of
code showing a very small example that we could talk about.  You might
have a "special" situation, something unusual you aren't telling us
about yet.  (Also, mentioning your platform and versions is always a
good idea, but maybe not relevant in this case.)

There are a few options:

1. "import atexit" and use that standard library module's features.

2. put a "try/finally" block around the bulk of your code, with cleanup
code in the "finally" clause

3. Just stick the cleanup code at the end of your module...  (this one
is too obvious, so if neither of the above answers work for you, and
this one is insufficient, please post example code so we know where you
are...)

-Peter