ElementTree and xsi to xmlns conversion?

Matthew Thorley ruach at chpc.utah.edu
Thu May 19 12:17:22 EDT 2005

Thanks for the reply I am understanding it better now. Please forgive my
ignorance. So the xsi is just an arbitrary name space prefix, I get that
now. And it make sense to me why it gets converted to an xmlns.

What I really need to know is why it is not inherited by the child
elements? From what I an told, I need the second namespace, so that I
can point to the schema, so that I can validate the document.

Is that the wrong way to link to the schema? Can I force both namespaces
to be inherited by the child elements?

Thanks for all the help
-Matthew