Python 2.4 & BLT ?

Ron Adam rrr at ronadam.com
Sat May 14 11:22:46 EDT 2005

StepH wrote:

>> A little googling found the following which may give you a clue or
>> ideas of further searches.  Also run a virus scanner on the file
>> before hand.
>>
>> http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/composer/faq/90.htm
>

> Argg...  I always find me stupid when i don't have find myself a such
> easy solution.  Running the .exe from C:\temp works, but now, even if
> the installation succes, i'm not able to run the pmw sample based on
> it...  Looks like i've now to re-install pmw or somethings like that.
>
> I'll find it...
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.
> StepH.

Glad I could help. It's a shame BLT has the installation issues it does
on windows.  It really needs to be repackaged correctly.  Also you will
probably also need to do the following which I posted earlier on the
group, but will recopy it here as well.  (That way it will be easier for
me to find it next time I need it. ;-)

BLT doesn't install in the correct directories on Windows. I found this
helpful.

     1.  Install BLT 2.4u into C:/Python23/tcl, using BLT's installer
(the one for Tcl/Tk 8.3). This gives you bin, include, and lib
subdirectories of C:/Python23/tcl, with all the BLT stuff in them.
     2. Copy C:/Python23/tcl/lib/blt2.4 into C:/Python23/tcl/tcl8.3.
     3. Put the BLT DLLs in a directory on your PATH (not necessarily a
system directory, it just has to be on your PATH)

Clipped from: http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~hpl/scripting/software.html

Cheers,
Ron_Adam