HELP Printing with wxPython

James Carroll mrmaple at gmail.com
Wed May 11 10:03:58 EDT 2005

Hi Mario,

>  Something like SendPrinter("some text\n")?

If you are doing this just for yourself, and you know you have a
printer that will really print just the plain text when you send it
plain text (like a dot matrix printer from the early 90s) then you can
probably open the printer device  and send it text.  Under windows you
can try opening LPT1  or on unix it's probably /dev/lpr or something
like that.

wxPython makes it pretty easy to give full modern support for any
printer, including letting the user select which printer to print to,
and getting a print preview, choosing paper size, etc.

I especially like the HtmlEasyPrinting write-up here:
   http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/Printing

-Jim