Problems calling cdrdao from python 2.3

Jeremy Wilkins jeb at jeremywilkins.freeserve.co.uk
Wed May 4 07:25:59 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to use popen3 to call cdrdao from within python, it gets half way through though then hangs. This is easy to replicate from the interpreter.

import popen2
child = popen2.Popen3('cdrdao disk-info --device 0,0,0'.split(' '), 1, 100)
child.fromchild.read()

The above code works fine, the code below reads half the cd then hangs though.

import popen2
child = popen2.Popen3('cdrdao read-cd --device 0,0,0 testfile'.split(' '), 1, 100)
child.fromchild.read()

If I close python, it seems to read in some more of the cd, but doesn't finish properly since no toc file is written.

Any help appreciated.

Jeb

PS: Please cc me as I'm not on the list

--