Whats the best Python Book for me

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Sun May 1 16:29:10 EDT 2005

On Sun, 01 May 2005 20:18:39 GMT, John Smith <not at home.com> wrote:
>I already know C/C++ programming and now wish to learn Python to do
>scripting for some games that are coming out. What book would you recommend.
>
>I am thinking Teach Your Self Python in 24 Hours is probably the best place
>to start...

  http://www.norvig.com/21-days.html is a nice site.

  For people who already have programming experience, I find http://docs.python.org/ref/ref.html and http://docs.python.org/lib/lib.html to be rather appropriate.  Another reference, <http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/>, while geared more towards newer programmers, is also a nice introduction to the Python language.

  Jp