tkFileDialog question

jaime.suarez at crossmatch.net jaime.suarez at crossmatch.net
Thu May 12 18:43:04 EDT 2005

I am creating a very simple GUI with one Entry widget and
one Button.  The purpose of the Button widget is to Browse for
a file using tkFileDialog.askopenfilename().

I bind the button to a handler which spawns a tkFileDialog. This
works but the button __stays depressed__ after the handler returns!
Any ideas why?

class MyApp:
	def __init__(self, parent):
		self.myParent = parent
		self.myContainer1 = Frame(parent)
		self.myContainer1.pack()

		self.entry = Entry(self.myContainer1)
		self.entry.grid(row=0,column=0 columnspan=2)

		self.button1 = Button(self.myContainer1)
		self.button1.configure(text="...")
		self.button1.grid(row=0, column=2)
		self.button1.bind("<Button-1>", self.button1Click)
		self.button1.bind("<Return>", self.button1Click)

	def button1Click(self, event):
		filePick = tkFileDialog.askopenfilename()