Is pyunit still usable?

John Roth newsgroups at jhrothjr.com
Mon May 30 10:59:40 EDT 2005

PyUnit came with a GUI, which is not part of the
unittest version in the standard library.

I don't know whether the GUI from PyUnit still
works with the version of unittest in the standard
library, but other than that, there is no reason to
maintain the PyUnit branch.

John Roth

"could ildg" <could.net at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.249.1117463469.18027.python-list at python.org...
I want to know something about unittest these days,
and since I'm learning python, I want to touch it through
python. But when I found the newest pyunit is even so
old, I wonder if it is still usable for current python version
2.4. Will you please tell me? Thank you.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of unittest?
Can somebody give me a detailed listing?