Seti-like program

GMane Python s_david_rose at hotmail.com
Tue May 31 10:05:44 EDT 2005

Hello

I'd like to consider making a program which is 'seti-like' where I could run
a command-line Python script to just 'do something', and then be able to
launch a viewer program (maybe linux x11 or Windows, possibly over a network
socket) using wxPython to be able to inter-act with it. (Start jobs, view
queue of jobs, modify jobs, etc, or even just watch the work process).

I was wondering if anyone out there had any experience with this, maybe had
an example to share.

I consider seti at home a good example, also maybe Arcserve backup program with
manager.

-Dave