working directory for debugging in pythonwin

Thomas Pfaff yael at gmx.net
Fri May 13 08:32:17 EDT 2005

Roger Upole schrieb:
> You could pass the directory in as an optional extra argument
> to the script.  Alternately, you might accept either a bare file name
> or a full path.
>
>         Roger

Yes, that's true, and I suppose it's good programming style not to
depend on a special working directory. On the other hand I'd like to
reduce the amount of command line parameters passed into the script, and
I definitely dislike the thought of havin a 'standard' working_dir=
keyword in all my scripts just because my debugger needs it.

Basically I'm used to being able to set an arbitrary working directory
from MS Developer Studio, and I wanted to know before I would contact
Mark Hammond directly, if there is anything else than workarounds for
this problem.

Cheers,

Thomas